Thursday 11 June 2009

New Tunes!

It's been a long time since I've posted any new Hip Hop up on the blog, mostly due to the fact that wicked tunes seem to be quite thin on the ground in '09. With most of our American cousins concentrating on Auto Tuning their vocals to death rather than generating a sick flow over a phat beat.

However I've got a couple of bits I like today, so without further ado here they are:

First up is Ghostface Killah, apparantly his shows in the UK this year were pretty average so I'm glad I got a chance to check him last year when he (and the Wu) rolled through the country! This is somewhat typical for Ghost but I like it:


Ghostface - Forever




And this little number boasts a verse from GFK too, here he can be found alongside Inspectah Deck and sometime Wu collaborator AZ. Beats was produced by a bunch called 'The Revelations' and it's nice too!

Wu Tang Clan - Harbourmasters




I'm a bit late on this one, as it has been doing the rounds for at least a few weeks now. Coming straight out JA this cut see's Dancehall veteran Shaggy (Oh Carolina!) in reflective mood over a lush soul backing. I'm fairly sure the sample is from The Delfonics as I reckon Ghostface also made use of it on his Fishscale LP, will check over the weekend and maybe even do a sampled by?? post... Big Tune!


Shaggy - Bad Mon Don't Cry

Labels: , , ,

Delicious

posted by SDM 36th Chamber at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home